Thursday, March 11, 2010

Looking for willow cuttings for sale?

I had a plan........
My web-site was going to be up and running long time ago and among other things it would have information about willow cuttings for sale!
..........it didn't happen.......yet.......
So, if you are looking to buy willow cuttings I want you to know that - here in a country corner of Southern Ontario, Niagara - I have some for sale.

The image is from winter/spring 2009 and I used it in my post in May about willow cuttings.
Some of the cuttings have small roots developing already - that's the small white "knobs" that are visible on some.
Not everything goes according to plan.......I also wanted to post more about my willow varieties, but only 3 posts are up: Salix alba+, Salix koriyanagi 'Rubykins', and Salix 'Americana' and Salix purpurea 'Streamco', but that doesn't mean they are the only ones that I offer cuttings from.
For now, I have to refer you to my list of varieties, posted in the left column on the blog.
My 2010 prices are as follows:
 5 cuttings of a variety $   7.50
10 cuttings of a variety $ 12.50
20 cuttings of a variety $ 20.00
Minimum order is $ 20 and the cost of shipping will be added.
If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please send me a mail (you find my e-mail address under "Who is Salix?" on the left, by my picture.
Words and photos by Lene Rasmussen,Willows.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lene; I just mentioned your blog on Facebook. Rain on the way here so snow may be gone in a few days but no willow planting yet as ground is frozen solid. Your images are great!

    George Africa
    The Vermont Gardener

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George, thanks!
    Even though the snow is gone (most of it anyway) the ground is still frozen here too.
    Lene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to get some salix purpurea 'streamco.' Do you have 40 available? I'm in North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lenore

    I would be happy to ship you 40 cuttings of Salix purpurea 'Streamco'.

    Would you please contact me directly on salixlene @ gmail.com ?
    (remove the spaces in mail address)

    Lene

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers - your comments are much appreciated.