Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Winter's Beauty

One of my favourite blogs: Gardening Gone Wild has long tempted me with their monthly contest, Picture This Photo Contest. For January 2010 the theme is "Winter's Beauty" and the many photos submitted (go to the comments for their contest post) truly show that there is beauty to be found in winter. You may not like the cold, ice, snow, and dark, but admit that there is lots of beauty!
Being new to photography, I finally this month decided to participate, and here is my chosen photo:
Although the snow is not visible on the photo, it is covering the ground in a thick, soft layer and I believe it gives the photo it's special light and colours - helped by the red twigs on the dogwoods in a distance.

2 comments:

  1. Not all winter interest is snow - structure is interesting too. Love the redtwig dogwoods too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the photo is nice but you get extra points for being where winter persists for a long time... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers - your comments are much appreciated.